Senior Administrative Associate
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology (MCP) in the
School of Medicine is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and
motivated candidate for our Senior Administrative Associate (AA3)
opening. This position will provide administrative and operational
support to three senior faculty members including the current
department chair. This position will also serve as our department
liaison for faculty affairs. This position is part of a
collaborative team of nine administrative staff who support our 13
faculty in MCP along with their labs, research staff, postdocs and
graduate students.You will work in a fast-paced academic research
environment, support a diverse group of people, and perform a broad
range of duties with frequently shifting priorities. You will also
share in our commitment to maintaining a positive, productive, and
inclusive work culture. Planning, communication, independent
problem-solving and strong time-management skills are essential.
Administrative professionalism, creativity, clear communication and
interpersonal skills are highly valued. Daily activities include
managing lab orders, working with vendors, processing
reimbursements, scheduling for faculty members, travel management,
onboarding new lab members, and helping with lab communication.
Other key tasks include assisting faculty members with
grant-related documents, teaching support, and organizing office
space and assigned labs. As faculty affairs liaison, duties will
include coordinating with faculty affairs staff to support the
Department Chair and MCP Director of Finance and Administration in
maintaining faculty records, processing changes to faculty roles,
and supporting the department in some of the logistics related to
faculty searches when needed.This position will be based on the
Stanford campus but we expect this position will be eligible for
part-time telecommuting. The MCP Administrative team is dedicated
to flexible work arrangements and is actively rolling out hybrid
work arrangements -- a mix of on-site and off-site work -- with
input from staff.Core Duties include:
- Act on behalf of assigned faculty members to establish
priorities and identify and resolve problems that are
administrative in nature.
- Assist with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex
events for faculty members and for the department.
- Oversee and process a variety of complex financial
transactions; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. Assist
with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, courses, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports;
perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain,
and ensure accuracy of content in various documents, reports, and
websites for assigned labs.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies. * Other duties may
also be assigned.In order to be considered for this position,
please attach both a cover letter and a resume to the application.
The cover letter should include examples of work-related
experiences that demonstrate skills desired for this position.As an
organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has
a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all
university employees, including those working remotely in the
United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about
COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please
- Desire to work in an academic environment.
- Experience with all aspects of the purchasing process in a
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with calendaring, scheduling and event
- The ability to work both independently and in a team
environment wearing many different hats. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
(REQUIRED): High school diploma and four years of administrative
experience, or combination of education and relevant
experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl. * - Consistent with
its obligations under the law, the University will provide
reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who
requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or
her job.WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu. Additional
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Department URL: http://mcp.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 92579 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Union City , Senior Administrative Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!