Corporate and Executive Education Program Manager
Company: Brown University
Location: Union City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Corporate and Executive Education Program Manager 225 Dyer
Street Job Description: The Corporate and Executive Education
Program Manager (CEEPM) coordinates the development, execution, and
evaluation of approved program concepts that advance Brown SPS's
educational mission and revenue generation goals. Programs include
non-degree open enrollment short courses, certificates and custom
programs for organizations with blended, in-person and virtual
delivery formats.-- The CEEPM fosters collegial and productive
relationships with entities across Brown, with other units in the
School of Professional Studies and corporate customers. This
position is responsible for project planning, project financials,
and staff direction and oversight for multiple projects. Success
metrics include the number of programs successfully developed that
align with Brown's academic strengths and strategic priorities,
participant evaluations, program quality, faculty engagement and
financial impact of each program.-- Major Responsibilities: Program
Development - Provide leadership to program development teams and
serve as a key facilitator between the academic,
marketing/enrollment and operational teams to achieve growth goals
of non-credit programs (certificates, custom and open enrollment
short programs). 40%Supporting Actions:--
- Under the direction of the SPS Corporate and Executive Officer,
plan and schedule new program proposals approved for development as
part of the SPS strategic plan.
- Coordinate the work of the various development team members,
including the Faculty Lead/Program Designer, Instructors, Online
Instructional Designers, Marketing, Enrollment, Operations and
other external personnel.
- Ensure that the various elements produced by the program
development team honor the strategic, academic and commercial
vision for the program outlined in the proposal.
- Guide the administrative project team in the performance of
work and review quality of all work products related to program
development, including faculty contracts, program website,
marketing plan, operational plan, communications, registration and
- Plan and manage regular meetings with the development team,
including faculty leads, program instructors, marketing and
operations teams for program development.
- Prepare and manage project plans and schedules, outlining all
the activities required to launch new/repeat programs.
- Build, track and reconcile program development budgets to
ensure financial objectives are met.
- As needed, assist with the preparation of contracts for custom
programs for organizations.
- Resolve and if necessary, escalate potential issues that may
impact timely launch, finances or program quality. Program Delivery
- Coordinate all aspects of program delivery to ensure program
quality, participants' and client experience are optimal and meet
stated goals. 30% Supporting Actions:--
- Serve as the primary administrative point of contact for
participants while the program is running.
- Facilitate the smooth onboarding of registered participants
into the learning program platform (for hybrid or online
- Manage the resolution process for any technical, academic and
administrative issues that arise, focusing on those that may
negatively impact participants' learning experience.
- Monitor the instructional delivery of each program (online or
in-person) to ensure maximum student engagement.
- Act as the day-to-day liaison for custom programs between the
client team, the faculty team and the SPS operations team to ensure
that the program meets contract terms and conditions.
- Track revenue and expenses against the program budget.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and achievement,
including certificates awarded. --- Enrollment and Business
Development - Support the execution of enrollment and business
development strategies to achieve revenue generation goals. 20%
- Closely monitor enrollments of open-enrollment programs and
work with the marketing and recruitment teams to adjust plans and
strategies as needed to reach goals.--
- As needed, support the Corporate and Executive Programs Officer
in the development of proposals for custom clients. Evaluation and
Reporting - Evaluate the quality of programs to ensure they are
meeting stated goals and Brown's standards for quality. 10%
- Evaluate and recommend adjustments to course curriculum through
student program and outcome evaluations and enrollment levels.
- Create training assessment strategies via performance metrics,
learning assessments, surveys, interviews, and other data points to
determine curriculum effectiveness with guidance from the SPS
Corporate and Executive Officer.
- Provide reports and updates to senior leadership in the
department at the end of each program. Support a portfolio of 7-15
open enrollment and custom programs that serve approximately 250 or
more students annually. Oversee program budgets Decisions free to
- Prioritizing and scheduling program development timelines and
work plans-- Decisions that depend on the position's advice :
- Strategy development
- Marketing, communications, messaging and enrollment
- Academic program design
- Instructional team evaluation
- Program enhancements--
- Operational team process--
- New product development and product management
- Budgeting and planning for the overall unit
- Reporting of program performance data Job
Qualifications--Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years relevant work experience or the
equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Master's degree preferred. Job Competencies Essential:
- Excellent planning, organizational, team-building, and
stakeholder engagement skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform and manage project details under tight
- Positive team-centered attitude.
- Client-centered orientation with impeccable customer service
- Ability to lead in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial spirit, interpersonal skills and
experience in relationship building.
- Excellent follow-through and follow up skills
- Adept at balancing mission-driven program development with
careful attention to efficient use of monetary, personnel, and time
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse
perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment. Preferred:
- Work experience in higher education, professional education,
and/or online teaching and learning.
- Experience in developing and delivering educational programs
for adult learners.
- Demonstrated familiarity with online learning platforms.
- Experience with educational evaluation and assessment.
- Strong digital media skills. ADA Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to read
- Must remain in stationary position for long periods of time at
desk or computer
- Requires moving around campus
- Requires occasionally standing, sitting, walking; using hands
to finger handle, or feel objects, tools of controls; reaching into
hands and arms; climbing stairs; hearing; talking
- Requires frequent moving about inside the office to access
printer, files, and other materials/equipment
- Operates a computer and other office equipment
- Some travel may be required
- Lift/Carry/Push/Pull typically less than 10 poundsAdditional
Information:Brown University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, religion, political affiliation, marital or
partnership status, parental status, military service, or any
legally protected characteristics. The University embraces
diversity and celebrates difference. Like all employees of Brown,
this position requires a strong commitment to promoting diversity
and inclusion.All offers of employment are contingent upon a
criminal and educational records check satisfactory to
Brown.Recruiting Start Date:2020-12-18-08:00Job Posting
Title:Corporate and Executive Education Program
ManagerDepartment:School of Professional StudiesGrade:Grade
10Worker Type:EmployeeWorker Sub-Type:RegularTime Type:Full
timeScheduled Weekly Hours:37.5Submission Guidelines:Please note
that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position
at Brown University you must submit an application form for each
position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are
not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover
letter and resume with each position application.Still Have
Questions?If you have any questions you may contact
email@example.com .EEO Statement:Brown University is an E-Verify
Employer.Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and
inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown
considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not
discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran
status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Posted 2
Days Ago Full time REQ168923 About Us Welcome! Founded in 1764,
Brown is a leading institution for education, discovery, and global
intellectual progress as well as one of the largest employers in
Rhode Island. Working at Brown brings more than just a paycheck and
generous benefits; it offers an opportunity to contribute to a
greater good. Join us in supporting the pursuit of knowledge and
individual growth that defines higher education and enriches our
community. Additional Information: Information about our salary
ranges can be found-- here . Attachments: A resume is required as
part of your job application. Please also include a cover letter
and any other related documents as noted in the job
Keywords: Brown University, Union City , Corporate and Executive Education Program Manager, Education / Teaching , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!