Heath Coach (Clinical Research Coordinator Associate - 2 year fixed term)
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 9, 2022
The Food for Health Equity (FFHE) Lab in the Department of
Epidemiology and Population at Stanford University School of
Medicine designs community-engaged research projects focused on
improving chronic disease prevention and addressing food insecurity
with the goal of improving health equity. The lab's projects,
working with Spanish-speaking Latinx patients, are evaluated in
real world settings and clinical trials. The FFHE Lab is seeking a
Health Coach to deliver the Vida Sana behavior intervention program
and collect patient data.
We are seeking a Health Coach ( Clinical Research Coordinator
Associate) 2 year fixed term to deliver the Vida Sana intervention
for a community-based clinical trial research project evaluating
innovative approaches to improve weight control and food insecurity
among Latina women. This position will require collaboration with
other members of the Lab and regularly interact with staff at San
Mateo Medical Center to work directly with study participants. This
position will include all elements of the evaluation, including
conducting screening, obtaining informed consent, conducting
physical measures, and retaining participants for their longer-term
participation in the study.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute as an important member of an experienced, dynamic
- Lead the implementation of the Vida Sana intervention program
- Training other study team staff on the Vida Sana intervention
- Assist in the development of protocols and manuals of procedures
for all measures for the study.
- Assist in the development of participant recruitment and
- Serve as primary contact with research participants and staff at
San Mateo Medical Center.
- Schedule and conduct data collection throughout the study. Employ
and monitor participant retention strategies, aiming for the
highest retention levels possible.
- Conduct screening for eligibility of potential participants and
obtain informed consent and child assent according to protocol.
- Assemble and maintain the condition of study materials and
equipment, including surveys, software, and measurement equipment
for data collection, to promote accuracy of measures.
- Conduct state-of-the art measures of diet, physical activity,
body composition, and physiological parameters, including physical
measurements, interviews and surveys.
- Conduct quality assurance for data completeness and accuracy.
- Correspond with participants regarding measurement results.
- Handling and preparing blood samples for analysis.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring
participant safety, progress and adherence to proper study
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Prior relevant experience and/or interest in clinical research,
particularly Spanish speaking adults.
- Experience and/or interest in collecting physical measures and
conducting interviews and surveys with participants in Spanish
- Experience and/or interest in using research software and
databases including Excel, FileMaker and REDCap
- Enthusiasm for health promotion and disease prevention research
and working with families to help them participate fully in the
- Spanish and English Proficiency
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including working late
afternoons, evenings and some weekends during periods of
recruitment and data collection.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, collaborating
partners, and study participants
- General understanding of scientific theory and methods.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
complete detailed work accurately.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct data collection at off-campus community
locations within the Bay Area.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and two years related work experience or a
Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination
of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical
Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based
computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry,
push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and
file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects
that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 92309 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Union City , Heath Coach (Clinical Research Coordinator Associate - 2 year fixed term), Education / Teaching , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!