Location: Union City
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Specialty Construction firm seeks Draftsman with exceptional,
detailed CAD skills
This Jobot Job is hosted by Catherine Reid
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
A Bit About Us
A leading supplier and fabricator of architectural glazing systems
located in the Union City / Fremont / Hayward, CA area. Family
owned with strong business for over 15yrs.
Why join us?
Offering tremendous career growth, stability, and support, this
role offers a full benefits package, creative design work, and
- Use AutoCAD to create dxf files from customer and internal
drawings to implement into our production software.
- Provide accurate and thorough fabrication drawings for internal
and external use - using proper borders, building everything in
layers, creating files in layers.
- Works in coordination with Data Entry, Project Engineers,
Project Management, Sales & Estimating, and Production personnel,
throughout the design and fabrication process.
- Interact directly with the customers to discuss any
discrepancies of drawings.
- Create maintain, and update standard drawings and details for
new and existing products.
- Provide sales and estimating with support, including sales
- Adhere to policies, standards, and procedures for the
engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Possesses mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic
- Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; using
independent judgement responding to supervisors direction; and
taking responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and
- Willingness to grow and learn about the architectural
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D model space/paper space, with an
eagerness to develop CAD skills.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF
- Excellent communication skills, internal and external, written
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality, accuracy, and
- Ability to take initiative, performs work independently without
being prompted, and asks for or offers help when needed.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time
efficiently, and work within deadlines.
- Minimum 2yrs+ related work experience in a design or
manufacturing environment, or any equivalent combination of
experience and training that provides the required knowledge,
skills, and abilities. Architectural experience/knowledge a
- Experience with other CAD software considered.
- Experience with design and fabrication of glass, aluminum, and
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Union City , Drafting Engineer, Engineering , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!