Robotics Research Engineer
Company: Vicarious AI
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with
human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are
passionate about changing the world with science and software, and
we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. -
As a robotics research engineer here, you will be involved in
designing and implementing the future of robotics alongside other
world-class software engineers and researchers.
- Understanding the latest advances in robotics and AI and
applying them to our problems.
- Developing and implementing new techniques for robotic
manipulation, motion planning, control, and learning.
- Helping to architect and build a powerful, flexible, and
well-engineered software platform that can be used for variety of
robotics tasks. We offer the opportunity to take ownership of
cutting edge problems and to work with the latest tools and
technologies. We encourage a culture of learning and innovation.
There are journal clubs on various topics (Machine Learning,
Robotics, Software Engineering) and a budget for professional
development. The hours are flexible, and we have a generous
work-from-home policy. Background/Experience
- A bachelors degree in a robotics-related field (including
computer science, engineering, applied math/physics) is required. -
Ideal candidates will also have multiple of:
- Strong programming skills in Python/C++.
- Strong mathematical background and familiarity with modern
- Ability to rapidly implement and iterate on ideas.
- Significant open source contributions.
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Rigorous and empirical approach to decision making
- Fast learner, unfazed by complex systems and difficult
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best engineer / researcher they
- Tenaciousness and ability to get things done
- Sense of humor Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We're committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming
working environment. All candidates are considered for employment
without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual
identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status.
We value our differences and we're excited to learn what you can
add to our team.
Keywords: Vicarious AI, Union City , Robotics Research Engineer, Engineering , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!