Director/ Senior Director, Transportation & Logistics
Company: Ariat International
Location: Union City
Posted on: November 19, 2022
About the RoleThe Director / Senior Director of Transportation &
Logistics will plan and direct aspects of Ariat's international and
domestic inbound logistics and transportation programs. This
position is responsible for all origin coordination (factory loads,
third-party consolidation, transportation), inbound
ocean/air/rail/trucking and transloading of goods from origin to
North American distribution centers, as well as parcel/LTL
outbound. This person will provide consultation and support to
global subsidiaries, distributors, and business partners and must
be effective at developing strong relationships (3PL and direct),
influencing others to develop and follow-up on plans, and resolve
conflicts effectively and collaboratively to achieve desired
results. Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving
skills are required. Depending on experience of candidate, the
position would also be responsible for Trade Compliance. The person
in this role will also manage > $100M transportation budget.
You'll Make a Difference By
- Planning and directing all aspects of Ariat's inbound and
outbound logistics and transportation programs, including
- Provide key input into overarching strategy for
transportation/logistics, both long-term and immediate.
- Managing business risk: Conduct risk assessments to identify
compliance gaps and process inefficiencies. Identify processes to
close gaps to facilitate implementation of improvements. Establish
robust business processes and controls.
- Negotiating contracts aligned to mid-term and long-term company
- Managing, monitoring, improving, and reporting on all aspects
of logistics (storage, transportation, freight costs, etc.).
- Creating and implementing supply chain strategies to improve
service levels, reduce cost, reduce lead time, and create
- Collaborating with Distribution, Planning, and Sourcing
management to drive efficiencies across departmental
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our employees
and partners. Address concerns with our clients.
- Ensuring maximum customer service, order fill rate, on-time
shipment, on-time delivery, order accuracy, and optimal
performance, balanced with cost and time/flexibility.
- Define and manage key internal and client-facing metrics and
KPIs and define strategies for continuous improvement (cost,
on-time delivery, quality, and service levels, etc.).
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of current regulations
and trends affecting logistics and transportation related
- Identify and coordinate major projects associated with an
evolving and dynamic transportation and logistics environment
- Leveraging technology, such as network modeling tools, to model
scenarios and simulate the impact of business changes
- Working proactively with partners across the entire value chain
to achieve mutual success
- Grow your understanding of the business to better optimize
across the entire business in a strategic and meaningful way.
- Collaborate with Finance to set seasonal inbound cost
- Drive process improvements to achieve cost leverage.
- Leveraging department talent, effectively improve team and
interdepartmental dynamics; ensure communication within departments
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing
- Prioritizing, scheduling and delegating responsibilities and
work assignments to help achieve goals in an efficient manner.
- Providing leadership, coaching, and development opportunities
to support associates continued development and enrichment.
- Performing evaluations and periodic reviews.
- Handling difficult personnel situations directly, using
appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the
- In partnership with HR, building a dynamic, effective, and
efficient organization that places Ariat at the top of the industry
in service and reliability.
- Creating trust and confidence in yourself and your teams.
- 7-10+ years of experience directing transportation and
logistics departments, including negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 10 years ocean import experience
- Demonstrated ability to guide and mentor employees while taking
responsibility for overall performance.
- Experience with all modes of transportation both inbound and
- Knowledge of Customs Trade Compliance.
- Knowledge of Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
- Expert with MS Office suite and other analytical toolset (e.g.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving
- Ability to use broad conceptual judgement and risk analysis to
make recommendations to senior management for developing
organizational policies and draw conclusions and make decisions for
which there is little precedent.
- Strong leadership ability and customer service awareness.
- Must be effective at developing strong relationships and
- Must be an excellent, well-rounded communicator, adept at
making presentations to Executive Management, facilitating
meetings, building relationships, negotiating contracts, and
holding one-on-one conversations, effectively communicating both
concrete and abstract ideas
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and subsequently implement
best practices organization-wide
- Process oriented with good project management skills; capable
of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strongly motivated with sense of urgency
- Knowledge of industry trends, supply chain processes, best
practices, and compliance requirements.
- Deep experience in solving problems across the end-to-end
- Ability to shift priorities as to best help the company
- Possess continuous improvement mindset with clear track record
of identifying problems, defining solutions, and implementing
improvement projects from start to finish.
- Strong skills in identifying critical data, synthesizing data
from multiple sources, distilling the correct conclusions, and
turning these into action steps for improvement.
About AriatAriat is an innovative, outdoor global brand with roots
in equestrian performance. We develop high quality footwear and
apparel for people who ride, work and play outdoors, and care about
performance, quality, comfort, and style.
Keywords: Ariat International, Union City , Director/ Senior Director, Transportation & Logistics, Executive , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!