Manufacturing Manager Instruments
Company: Zoetis, Inc
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Position SummaryLooking for a highly motivated candidate to join
the Union City Global Manufacturing & Supply Team.Reporting to the
Director of Manufacturing, the ideal candidate will lead the
Instrument Manufacturing and Instrument Repair teams to meet
production targets while maintaining quality standards. This person
will require in-depth knowledge of instrument manufacturing and
have the ability to effectively communicate across different levels
of the organization.Position Responsibilities
- Strong focus on meeting production and efficiency targets to
reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Staff, train, manage, develop and provide leadership to
Supervisors in the application of practical operations planning and
control techniques toward higher levels of performance while
providing an environment that encourages change and teamwork.
- Responsible for setting and meeting/exceeding budget
requirements for the respective teams.
- Inspires and promotes a high level of safety awareness with
- Implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and enhance them as
the business requirements change.
- Understands reverse logistics and measures turnaround time for
RMAs and Instrument Loaner units.
- Has a strong understanding of Lean principles and how to apply
them to scheduling, standard work, reduction in waste and
continuous improvement purposes.
- Interacts with the production floor daily to support their
requirements and communicate critical business needs.
- Actively contributes to meeting business objectives around
compliance, schedule adherence, cost savings initiatives, and
supporting new product introductions.
- Effectively partners with and motivates support teams to
improve operations for the advancement of the whole site and
- Reviews staffing requirements, personnel allocations, and
organizational structure to not only meet today's requirements, but
those of future growth.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
with 3-5 years of experience in a highly regulated Manufacturing
- Food and Drug Administration and/or USDA experience is
- Requires SAP Experience.Technical Skills & Competencies
- Proven track record of building successful teams and
facilitating progressive organizational change within a growing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment through utilization
of exceptional organizational skills, showing the aptitude to
multi-task and balance complex priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal
- Demonstrated ability to lead people, manage internal/external
customer satisfaction and get results through others.
- Exceptional analytical skills that drives reporting and
analysis for upper management and supports decision making for the
- Candidate must possess flexibility and agility to respond to
constantly changing conditions and priorities.Physical
- Colleague required to work onsite full-time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Can work around moving machinery and be around equipment that
produces moderate noise.Must remain Drug-FreeFull
timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a
third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited
resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email
address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database
will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for
any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
resume.Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has
submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency
free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an
approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals
to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity
in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national
origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected
classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity
to use our online application system. We offer reasonable
accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with
a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis, Inc, Union City , Manufacturing Manager Instruments, Executive , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!