Service Director - Medical Subspecialty
Location: Union City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates inpatient
nursing services and/or integrated outpatient- inpatient nursing
services across the continuum of care within a Service Area or
within a single medical center. Works with KFHP/H and the Medical
Group staff developing strategic plans, providing quality care,
cost effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and
- Collaborates with other Service Directors in identifying and
implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing
service improvements and cost reduction.
- Directs development and implementation of quality and
utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure
coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of
services and cost effective utilization of necessary services.
- Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory
requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and
accrediting agencies. Oversees the development of department
standards as identified by regulatory agencies.
- Develops services that achieve a high level of customer
satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards
of quality and innovation.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee
and department safety and risk management issues. May act as site
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the
delivery of patient care and member services.
- Directs the budget and resource allocations.
- Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
- BSN or BA in health care related field required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint
Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Masters degree preferred.
- Portfolio includes the Medical Subspecialties across the
Greater Southern Alameda Area including Fremont, Union City,
Hayward, and San Leandro.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Union City , Service Director - Medical Subspecialty, Executive , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...