Licensed Vocational Nurse Full Time
Company: Masonic Homes of California
Location: Union City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Nursing - Skilled Nursing and Short Term Rehab - Union City
Union City, California, United States Full time MH Under the
direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Licensed Vocational Nurse is
responsible for the comprehensive nursing care including, planning,
documenting and reporting care of assigned residents. Also
responsible for supervision and training of nursing personnel, who
assist in providing care to the assigned residents, in accordance
with current applicable federal, state and local standards,
guidelines and regulations. Functions to assure the highest degree
of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Performs other
designated unit and support activities as directed. ESSENTIAL
- Assigns and evaluates the direct nursing care given by
Certified Nursing Assistants on the assigned unit.
- Gives and records medications and treatments and evaluates the
effectiveness of these medications and treatments by applying
education, experience and nursing knowledge.
- Orders floor stock medications as is necessary.
- Makes rounds on the floor and visits residents daily.
- Keeps the Shift Supervisor and/or Director of Health Services
and/or Assistant Director of Nursing/Physician informed, both
orally and in writing, of any changes in the residents'
- Supervises assigned staff and makes recommendations regarding
performance evaluations and discipline.
- Trains assigned staff in routine tasks as necessary.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, in-service training and
properly participates in fire and disaster drills.
- Assists with completion of MDS as needed
- Enters or assures that all appropriate resident data is entered
into the medical record, electronically and hand written.
- Supervises Restorative Care and resident activities.
- Makes accurate admission and ongoing assessments of residents
in collaboration with the Registered Nurse and responds
- Responsible for inventory and safe storage of all medical
supplies and equipment.
- Conveys information is a concise, accurate and understandable
manner. Displays attentiveness, tact and diplomacy in responding to
- Assures that staff, contractors and vendors, residents and
visitors, etc., know and follow established policies and
procedures. Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner,
in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- May participate in counseling of staff.
- Assists in developing departmental policies and procedures.
Requirements Any combination of education and experience that would
provide the necessary knowledge and abilities listed,
-- Possesses a current license to practice as a Licensed Vocational
Nurse in the state of California, and possesses a current CPR
certificate.OBRA & TITLE 22 REQUIREMENTSEnsures that residents'
rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination,
individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the
right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at
all times.Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care
information to assure their rights are protected. Reports all
incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment
immediately. Follows established safety rules At Masonic Homes, we
are looking for team members who would like to combine their
passion for helping people, good communication skills,
decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the
opportunities to advance your career. In return for your skills,
you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you
and your family's well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you
participate, and an additional contribution from the company when
you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement Grand
Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek does not discriminate on the
basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law
in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Masonic Homes of California, Union City , Licensed Vocational Nurse Full Time, Healthcare , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!