Licensed Vocational Nurse, Full-Time (PM Shift)
Company: Masons of California
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Licensed
Vocational Nurse is responsible for the comprehensive nursing care
including, planning, documenting and reporting care of assigned
residents. Also responsible for supervision and training of nursing
personnel, who assist in providing care to the assigned residents,
in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local
standards, guidelines and regulations. Functions to assure the
highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
Performs other designated unit and support activities as
- Assigns and evaluates the direct nursing care given by
Certified Nursing Assistants on the assigned unit.
- Gives and records medications and treatments and evaluates the
effectiveness of these medications and treatments by applying
education, experience and nursing knowledge.
- Orders floor stock medications as is necessary.
- Makes rounds on the floor and visits residents daily.
- Keeps the Shift Supervisor and/or Director of Health Services
and/or Assistant Director of Nursing/Physician informed, both
orally and in writing, of any changes in the residents'
- Supervises assigned staff and makes recommendations regarding
performance evaluations and discipline.
- Trains assigned staff in routine tasks as necessary.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, in-service training and
properly participates in fire and disaster drills.
- Assists with completion of MDS as needed
- Enters or assures that all appropriate resident data is entered
into the medical record, electronically and hand written.
- Supervises Restorative Care and resident activities.
- Makes accurate admission and ongoing assessments of residents
in collaboration with the Registered Nurse and responds
- Responsible for inventory and safe storage of all medical
supplies and equipment.
- Conveys information is a concise, accurate and understandable
manner. Displays attentiveness, tact and diplomacy in responding to
- Assures that staff, contractors and vendors, residents and
visitors, etc., know and follow established policies and
procedures. Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner,
in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
- May participate in counseling of staff.
- Assists in developing departmental policies and procedures.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the
necessary knowledge and abilities listed, typically:
- Possesses a current license to practice as a Licensed
Vocational Nurse in the state of California, and possesses a
current CPR certificate.
Obra & Title 22 Requirements
Ensures that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment,
self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil
rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well
established and maintained at all times.
Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care information
to assure their rights are protected.
Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous
conditions/equipment immediately. Follows established safety
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to
combine their passion for helping people, good communication
skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with
the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you
and your family's well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you
participate, and an additional contribution from the company when
you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement
Keywords: Masons of California, Union City , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Full-Time (PM Shift), Healthcare , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!