CNA Assisted Living On-Call
Company: Masons Of California
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The simple act of caring is heroic.
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement
community that also offers social services outside of our campuses.
We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a
profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the
Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety,
Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line
staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in
serving our clients and place value on high quality job
performance, professional development, workplace safety and client
and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring and honest.
We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality
improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and
attracting the best and brightest talent.
The Certified Nursing Assistant position is an On- Call position
reporting to the RCFE Health Services Manager.
- Provide personal care assistance to residents as directed:
(bathing, grooming, feeding, and toileting).
- Prepares resident for meals; serves and collects trays, assists
in setting up and feeding residents; serves fresh water and
nourishments when indicated.
- Help residents with transferring and lifting, raising residents
in beds and turning residents. May apply restraints as
- Obtains temperature on residents whose medical conditions
warrants such monitoring.
- Obtains urine samples, weights, intake/output.
- Regularly checks on residents insuring comfort, dignity and
- Provide routine daily medications, either prescription or
non-prescription, to residents whose condition and drug regimen are
- Report any adverse reactions from medications.
- Report any observed a change in the resident's vital signs or
behavior, or any other indication of adverse effects from a
medication, to the charge nurse.
- Will ensure that the resident has a 72-hour supply of medicine
on hand at all times.
- Performs related Nurse Assistant duties as assigned for
efficient unit operation.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Attends department meetings as required and scheduled.
- Participates in drills and demonstrates knowledge of Plan for
- Cleans each unit as assigned by the Director, including IV
poles, ice bucket/ladle, wheelchair/carts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Current C.N.A. certification
- Active Medication Aide certification
- Current BLS certification.
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and
residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can
assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your
passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the
opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you
participate, and an additional contribution from the company when
you participate in the plan
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and supportby
Keywords: Masons Of California, Union City , CNA Assisted Living On-Call, Healthcare , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!