Caregiver - Full Time, AM Shift
Company: Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek
Location: Union City
Posted on: July 26, 2022
Job DescriptionShift: 6:45am-3:15pmThe simple act of caring is
heroic.The Masonic Homes has opened a new 28 bed extended Assisted
Living and Memory Care Unit. We are looking for Caregivers to staff
our new Pavilion medical facility.The Masonic Homes of California
is a continuing care retirement community that offers social
services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of
person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives
of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is
founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection,
Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we
strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and value
high-quality job performance, professional development, workplace
safety, and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented,
caring, and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and
continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our
knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent for our
Assisted Living Community.The Pavilion Caregiver reports to the
Pavilion Manager.Essential Functions:
- Assists residents to ensure their cleanliness, grooming,
nourishment, rest, activity, mobility, transfer, and elimination is
performed in a manner conducive to the residents safety and comfort
in accordance to the residents plan of care.
- Recognizes and respects the individual emotional, social, and
cultural needs of residents including their religious beliefs.
- Adapts care giving to build on individual resident strengths
and abilities, using and modeling appropriate behavioral
intervention techniques with residents.
- Keeps alert to residents condition and reports changes in the
residents attitudes, appearance, behavior, and physical ability the
Nurse in charge.
- Performs selected nursing procedures that do not require
professional evaluation as assigned and instructed by the Nurse in
- Practices conservation of equipment and supplies, keeping them
clean and ready for use. Reports any equipment and supply needs to
the Nurse in charge.
- Ensures that call lights/ alarms are within residents reach and
promptly answers call signals. Anticipates residents needs and
makes rounds routinely to assigned residents.
- Assists residents in their recreational activities, and as
needed escorts residents throughout the facility. Assists in
escorting residents to and from medical appointments as requested
by the Pavilion Manager
- Keeps written notes of specific assignments and records
pertinent information about the residents. Enters all appropriate
resident data in the medical record timely and accurately.
- Communicates and cooperates with co-workers, residents, and
other facility employees. Establishes good working relationships
with all departments. Practices good teamwork.
- Accountable for maintaining a good record of attendance and
- Accountable for following Masonic Homes safety policies.
- Conveys information in a concise, accurate, and understandable
manner. Displays attentiveness, tact, and diplomacy in responding
- Actively participates in meetings and education
- Ensures that residents rights to fair and equitable treatment,
self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil
rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well
established and maintained at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care
information to assure their rights are protected.
- Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous
conditions/equipment immediately. Follows established safety rules
and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and
residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can
assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring
process.BenefitsAt the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity
to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical
standards with the opportunities to advance your career.In return
for your skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you
and your familys well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401k plan whether or not you
participate, and an additional contribution from the company when
you participate in the plan available to temporary hires
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement -
$1,500 per year
Keywords: Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek, Union City , Caregiver - Full Time, AM Shift, Healthcare , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!