Certified Nursing Assistant - Assisted Living, PM Shift
Company: Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek
Location: Union City
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Shift: 2:45-11:15pmThe simple act of caring is heroic.
The Masonic Homes has opened a new 28 bed extended Assisted Living
and Memory Care Unit. We are looking for CNAs to staff our Adam's
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement
community that offers social services outside of our campuses. We
are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a
profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the
Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety,
Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line
staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in
serving our clients and value high-quality job performance,
professional development, workplace safety, and client and employee
satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring, and honest. We are
dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality
improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and
attracting the best and brightest talent for our Assisted Living
Community.The Certified Nursing Assistant reports to the RCFE
- Performs skills required of a certified nursing assistant
related to provision of basic ADL care, provision of nutrition and
hydration, toileting program, incontinent care, vital signs, and
other nursing care as needed. Adapts care giving to build on
individual resident strengths and abilities.
- Actively supports the basic rights of residents
- Assists in resident self-administration of medication as
needed. Documents medication administration.
- Completes all required documentation related to centrally
stored medications, medication refills, etc
- Maintains an awareness of resident health. Informs appropriate
staff of any incidents or changes in resident condition.
- Documents resident care, behavior and special needs as required
by policy and procedure
- Applies clinical knowledge to validate and communicate
instrument readings and provide nursing care to geriatric
- Actively participates in department meetings and education
- Maintains current CNA certificate and attends mandatory
- Ensures safety of residents by maintaining a safe environment
and using appropriate behavioral intervention techniques.
- Recognizes and respects the individual emotional, social, and
cultural needs of residents including their religious
- Adapts care giving to build on individual resident strengths
and abilities, using and modeling appropriate behavioral
intervention techniques with residents
- Keeps alert to residents' condition and reports changes in the
residents' attitudes, appearance, behavior, and physical ability
the Nurse in charge.
- Performs selected nursing procedures that do not require
professional evaluation as assigned and instructed by the Nurse in
- Practices conservation of equipment and supplies, keeping them
clean and ready for use. Reports any equipment and supply needs to
the Nurse in charge.
- Ensures that call lights/ alarms are within residents' reach
and promptly answers call signals. Anticipates residents' needs and
makes rounds routinely to assigned residents.
- Assists residents in their recreational activities, and as
needed escorts residents throughout the facility. Assists in
escorting residents to and from medical appointments as requested
by the Pavilion Manager
- Assists with individual and small group activities, planned and
spontaneous, that meet resident needs in the following areas:
social, friendship, physical, intellectual, vocational, and
- Keeps written notes of specific assignments and records
pertinent information about the residents. Enters all appropriate
resident data in the medical record timely and accurately.
- Communicates and cooperates with co-workers, residents, and
other facility employees. Establishes good working relationships
with all departments. Practices good teamwork.
- Accountable for maintaining a good record of attendance and
- Accountable for following Masonic Homes safety
- Conveys information in a concise, accurate, and understandable
manner. Displays attentiveness, tact, and diplomacy in responding
- Actively participates in meetings and education
- Communicates and cooperates with co-workers and residents.
Establishes good working relationships with all departments.
Practices good teamwork.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the
state of California.
- Effective January 2008 and in compliance with state regulation
the RCFE Certified Nursing Assistant must complete medication
assistance training and pass the competency exam with a minimum
passing score of 85%.
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and
residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can
assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
BenefitsAt the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to
combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards
with the opportunities to advance your career.In return for your
skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you
and your family's well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401k plan whether or not you
participate, and an additional contribution from the company when
you participate in the plan - available to temporary hires
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement -
$1,500 per year
Keywords: Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek, Union City , Certified Nursing Assistant - Assisted Living, PM Shift, Healthcare , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!