Location: Union City
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Under direct supervision, cleans and maintains an assigned area,
and performs a variety of environmental services duties in and
around the medical center in order to maintain a neat, orderly,
sanitary, and safe environment.Essential Responsibilities:
- Operates and utilizes equipment needed to include cleaner, wet
mop unit, dust pay, dust mop, back vacuum, automatic floor
scrubber, shampoo machine, high speed buffer, carpet extractor,
wet/dry vacuum, floor buffer, wall washer and utility cart.
- Operates and utilizes sanipac, compactor and bailer.
- Utilizing standard cleaning products, cleans patient areas to
include restrooms, discharge beds, woodwork, horizontal surfaces,
TVs cabinets, furniture, glass, walls, floors, all affixed items,
replenish dispensers, remove soiled linen and trash.
- Utilizing standard cleaning products, cleans auxiliary areas to
include medication room, nursing station, tub room, soiled utility
rooms, storage areas, staff lounge, quiet rooms, offices, exam
rooms, treatment rooms, waiting rooms, lobbies, elevators, water
fountain, ice machines, telephones, all horizontal surfaces and
high dusting. Replenishes supplies such as: paper-towels, toilet
paper, soap, plastic liners, paper cups and seat covers.
- Reports unsafe conditions such as defective or damaged
equipment. Assures sharp objects are in proper containers, follows
safety rules established by the department and uses proper body
mechanics such a lifting techniques.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
responsibilities.Grade 100Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- None -License, Certification, Registration
- N/A -Additional Requirements:
- Moderate to heavy lifting ability required; ability to operate
all types of floor machinery and other housekeeping related
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., carry items of 25 lbs., pushes carts
up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to perform frequent pulling, pushing, bending,
stooping, kneeling, twisting and reaching.
- Job requires extensive standing and walking.
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Six months experience preferredJob Schedule: Job Category:
Facility Services & Materials Management
Keywords: Kaiser, Union City , Housekeeping Aide, Hospitality & Tourism , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!