Sr. Technical Designer (4889)
Company: G3 Enterprises
Location: Union City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Career Opportunities: Sr. Technical Designer (4889) Requisition
CA-----Apparel-----Full Time The Sr. Technical Designer is
responsible for the timely commercialization of apparel products,
ensuring products meet company standards for cost, performance,
fit, function, and aesthetics. Work on a team comprised of
designers, technical designers, production managers and product
managers whose responsibilities include managing the successful
launch of all new products within the designated categories.
Includes building product to meet company gross margin objectives
and managing to the departmental and company line calendar.
Teaches, mentors and clearly communicates processes, procedures and
technical skills to junior technical designers. Duties and
- Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and
consensus of fit intent.
- Expertise in understanding of fit, construction, measuring and
evaluating samples, materials, workmanship, function and production
- Responsible for clearly and effectively communicating
expectations to production managers, factories and agents.
- Lead fit sessions on live model or body form.
- Drive for continual improvement and innovation; sponsor
- Support and drive to evolve a Technical Design strategy;
operations, methods and efficiencies.
- Help to build an end to end process including key time and
- Help to build audit mechanisms to consistently monitor and
check fit, both pre- and post production.
- Articulate brand standards to all parties, agents, and final
- Benchmark our fit and quality standards against other key
competitors to ensure best in class fit and construction.
- Influence the supplier's manufacturing processes and policies
in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both
- May include travel to Sourcing offices and/or factories to work
with technical teams to troubleshoot, educate, and understand
- Track and manage workflow while adhering to development and
commercialization calendars and process to ensure on-time
development and production.
- Manage and/or develop master grading and tolerance table for
areas of responsibility.
- Manage and develop block patterns for areas of
- Manage fit approval process, sampling and dual sourcing
programs as necessary for areas of responsibility.
- Ensure consistent fit, construction and quality standards for
areas of responsibility.
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all
business partners. Qualifications
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with
key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high
- Proven experience in developing long-term relationships, and
negotiating strategic agreements to ensure constant cost and
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill,
synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
- Exceptional written, oral and face-to-face communication
- Detail orientation with outstanding follow-through.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and work
independently of supervision.
- Fast acting and capable of adapting quickly to change.
- Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator, MS Office, Word and
- Strong understanding of PLM system.
- Sketch using Adobe Illustrator.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, BA or BS
- Strong 2D pattern knowledge.
- 10+ years experience in product development/ technical
Keywords: G3 Enterprises, Union City , Sr. Technical Designer (4889), IT / Software / Systems , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!