Research Software Engineer (Vision)
Company: Vicarious AI
Location: Union City
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with
human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are
passionate about changing the world with science and software, and
we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
-- You will join a tightly knit collective of engineer-scientists
committed to solving these problems. Our focus is on building
robotic manipulation systems that are beyond the state of the art
by integrating perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor
control as we pursue the long term goal of artificial general
intelligence. -- As a research software engineer on our Scene
Parsing team, you will build perceptual systems that solve real
world robotic vision problems. Your role will entail a spectrum of
work from core algorithm development and implementation to
assembling and testing on-robot vision pipelines and integration
with planning and control systems. Your responsibilities
- Apply your knowledge of algorithms, machine learning, and
computer vision to build and improve mission-critical on-robot
vision systems, with attention to performance, reliability,
security, and code quality.
- Provide engineering support to researchers by contributing to
idea development and software design and implementation.
- Shape the architecture of the systems that are powering the
next generation of intelligent machines.
- Deliver bleeding edge robotics capabilities that solve real
needs for our partners and customers.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support our diverse and
cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and
robotics engineers, AI/ML researchers, and business development.
- +1 year of previous experience as a software engineer,
providing impactful technical accomplishments for a team while
fostering a healthy engineering culture.
- A track record of successfully planning, building, maintaining,
and operating production-grade software systems.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to work in a
variety of technical areas as needed, to solve real problems and
deliver business impact.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of
study or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in one or more of the listed programming languages
but not limited to: Python, C/C++, Java or Go
- Experience with any of the following is highly desirable: ROS,
computer vision, machine learning, neural networks, imaging
systems, and robotics Nice to have
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high
degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive,
thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- Enjoy building not only software, but also teams and
- Self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important
problem to solve.
- Curiosity to learn new concepts and languages. Vicarious is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to fair
hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All
candidates are considered for employment without regard to race,
religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression,
medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our
differences and we're excited to learn what you can add to our
Keywords: Vicarious AI, Union City , Research Software Engineer (Vision), IT / Software / Systems , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!