Sr. Demand Planner (5029)
Location: Union City
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Career Opportunities: Sr. Demand Planner (5029) Requisition
ID--5029-----Posted--02/26/2021-----Union City, CA-----Supply
Chain-----Full Time The Senior Demand Planner is a core supply
chain function supporting the Sr. Director of Planning in
forecasting, analysis, purchasing, and inventory management
activities. This ideal candidate for this role is passionate about
data analysis and relentless in searching for insights that will
serve to optimize inventory productivity, capture upside potential,
and insure maximum in-stock positions for merchandise
presentations. This is a highly integrated position, interfacing
with virtually every department internally, and with our dedicated
sales force. Responsibilities:
- Manage the demand and inventory planning for some of the
company's fastest growing footwear businesses
- Design and generate weekly and monthly statistical forecast
- Continuously improve forecasting techniques, method, and
- Relating and measuring the impact of forecast accuracy.
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating
procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring
forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales
forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, door count,
promotions, and tier 1 account POS and inventory levels).
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and
software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets
based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with Product
Managers, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals
(emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that
are approved by management.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory
measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs.
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization
initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, and creating best
practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand &
Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations,
Finance, and IT). Requirements:
- Wholesale experience required. Background in retail planning
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Economics preferred in addition to
3-5 years work-related experience.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Access and experience with
large data sets are essential.
- Enjoy math and have strong numbers and logic skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and computer
skills are essential.
- Exhibiting intellectual curiosity, a passion to learn and an
ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Work well with multiple cross-functional partners, stating your
point of view with confidence but also open to hearing others'
- A self starter who takes initiative and is flexible and
adaptive to changing priorities.
Keywords: Ariat, Union City , Sr. Demand Planner (5029), Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!