Senior Purchasing Agent
Company: Hajoca Corporation
Location: Union City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of
a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The
company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental
business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit,
expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion
to Hajoca's proven business principles of "Service, Integrity,
The Senior Purchasing Agent is responsible for the most critical
or difficult procurements that require a greater degree of
experience, knowledge, professionalism, and administration.
Responsible for establishing, coordinating, and administering long
term purchase agreements for assigned commodities and buy-lines.
Provides guidance and assistance to other procurement personnel. At
this level is proficient in all aspects of the department's job
duties. Oversees department in absence of Purchasing Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Review Job Queues, voice messages, and emails; prioritize daily
workload, respond to questions and resolve complaints and
- Timely review and analysis of operational reports including the
Open Purchase Order report, Daily Back Order report, Negative On
Hand report and the Suggested Purchase Order Queue
- Manage inventory levels of assigned product line(s); review and
analyze maximum and minimum inventory levels based upon sales and
- Update and maintain the Product/Inventory database and product
file; remove discontinued product and add new product lines;
research and verify price discrepancies; update order
- Ensure product is ordered at a competitive price and optimal
quantity; balance order size and price discounts with inventory
- Create Purchase Orders and send to manufacturer(s); scan, image
and attach order confirmations to the Purchase Order
- Review status of shipped orders and back orders and update
ECLIPSE with expected delivery dates
- Build new and maintain existing SKU's; enter information into
ECLIPSE following company procedures and industry standards
- Maintain market awareness of pricing, demand, new products and
regulations affecting building codes and product lines
- Compare and analyze new product brands and manufacturers;
prepare and submit proposals for alternative and/or new products to
the Purchasing Manager for buying approval
- Manage manufacturer return allowances and stock returns to
update products and control inventory levels
- Ensure credits and debits on RGA's, defective material and
warranty issues are valid
- Build and maintain relationships with manufacturer
representatives to negotiate pricing, terms, freight, return
allowances, marketing allowances for promotions, etc.
- Confer with other departments to ensure coordination of
Purchasing activities with activities of other functions such as
sales, receiving, shipping, accounting and human resources
- Maintain appearance of the Purchasing area; ensure area is kept
clean, organized and remains a safe work environment
- Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to company policies
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive organizational, customer
and personnel related information
- Minimum 2+ years of purchasing experience, commodities
- Excellent oral & written communication & negotiation
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected category
pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status.
Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy
applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed
to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the
application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or
an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a
background investigation subject to any federal, state and local
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- 2900 Volpey Way, Union City, CA 94587, USA
Keywords: Hajoca Corporation, Union City , Senior Purchasing Agent, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!