PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provides assistance to supervision in the
direction of the shift casting clean-up crew. Fills in for absent
employees, provides assistance to clean-up crew employees and
performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervision.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Trowels, bars, shovels, brooms, paint
brushes, water hose, rake, wheelbarrow, air hoses, brushes, jack
hammers, push button controls, and small hand tools.
MATERIALS HANDLED: Water, cores, blacking, ka-wool, etc.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION: Casting Supervisors, Casting Specialist
or Casting Manager.
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Instructs and provides some direction to
shift clean-up crew employees.
1. May assist with the operation of the following: casting
machines, forklift, jackhammer, and all other clean up
2. Assists supervision with some or all of the following:
a. Direction of clean-up crew workflow
b. Monitoring of LOTO of equipment
c. Training clean-up employees
d. Checking equipment for defects as directed
3. Performs clean-up duties and miscellaneous tasks as directed
4. Notifies supervision of any unusual conditions.
5. Cleans out pour out pit
6. Keeps work area in clean and orderly condition and performs
all work in accordance with plant and safety rules.