Warehouse Worker - Now Hiring
Location: Union City
Posted on: July 18, 2021
US1120 FreshPoint San Francisco, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Responsible for putting away inbound produce.
- Receives and puts away all inbound produce.
- Ensures product is put away in proper rotation (FIFO).
- Safe operation of powered industrial equipment.
- Ensures selection slots are properly stocked with the product
at all times keeps pallets free from tape, wrap or wires and remove
empty pallets as needed.
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of the work
- Accounting for the received product.
- Prefer High School or GED
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a warehouse.
- Two (2) years’ experience of proficiently utilizing a stand-up
forklift and riding pallet jack.
- Basic knowledge of products preferred.
- Experience in replenishment, cycling of product, RF (radio
frequency) scanners and other returns related functions
- Must have strong reading, writing, and be able to read, write,
and speak English fluently.
- Ability to perform work assignments at an acceptable
- Able to effectively communicate and interact with others in a
- Stand for extended periods, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull,
squat, turn the body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting a product and placing on a
pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from
heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with
hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear
warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include
close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision,
peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to
successfully perform the position.
You will be eligible for benefits effective the first of the
month coinciding with or following 60 days of employment with the
Company or in accordance with state law. Available benefits
include health care benefits, retirement benefits, and paid days
off, including sick leave and vacation.
to view additional information on benefits.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation,
its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Union City , Warehouse Worker - Now Hiring, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!