Logistics Value Stream Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Union City
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Logistics Value Stream
Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional
with the ability to optimize the flow of material through the value
stream. The successful candidate will have spent considerable
time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive
manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership
with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering,
Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and
manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with the
company's policies and procedures and are following health and
- Optimize the flow of delivery through the entire value stream
(supplier dock to lineside delivery)
- Analyze freight plans from a strategic perspective to ensure
full transparency of cost/benefits relationships.
- Ensure budgetary requirements are met.
- Optimize the outbound network and work directly with Sales and
Marketing in evaluating customer logistics opportunities and
requirements in the field
- Coordinate improvement strategies to align with overall
logistics processes to achieve BU growth objectives/goals.
- Optimize the inbound network and work directly with Procurement
and Supply Chain in evaluating, modeling, and optimizing supplier
material stocks and flows.
- Collaboratively work with the Carriers, Suppliers, and 3PL’s to
manage transportation costs within budget and continuously
- Collaboratively work with internal customers to standardize
packaging while effectively protecting the product at expected cost
- Collaboratively work with manufacturing and warehouse personnel
to standardize warehousing and production parts presentation using
efficient and effective processes.
- Lead coordinated efforts to optimize material stocks and flows
using lean and six sigma techniques.
- Develops and define strategies to ensure mid and long-term
product demands are met.
- Provide active design, leadership, and advocacy of a continuous
- Utilizing Value Stream Mapping, develop the Lean strategy that
is aligned with the company's overall strategic direction.
- Develop clearly defined deliverables for Lean in accordance
with the company's Key Process Indices (KPI's)
- Build strong and positive working relationships with all
functional areas across the company, including them in the
improvement activities and understanding their needs.
- Define and lead Kaizen events and follow-up to ensure proper
progress and the continuity of the lean efforts toward the
optimization and removal of waste.
- 7+ years relevant experience with automotive logistics,
transportation, and supply chain engineering, preferably in a
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN
- 2+ years direct leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal logistics pricing models (air,
rail, truck, ocean, customs brokerage)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success
in working across organizations at all levels.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective
project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time
with ability to meet project timelines.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with TMS software applications, specifically JDA
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics
Engineering, or related field. An equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plus
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Union City , Logistics Value Stream Engineer, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!