Logistics Warehouse Optimization Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Union City
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Logistics Warehouse Optimization
Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional
with the analytical skills to fully harness data, understand
business problems, and provide analytical solutions. The role
requires a solid mathematics and statistics background and advanced
knowledge in operations research to develop innovative solution
techniques. A competitive applicant is someone with the right level
of breadth and depth with the algorithm design techniques for
software production. The successful candidate will have spent
considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an
automotive manufacturing environment.
This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC,
Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Finance, and Regulatory
Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
- Determine warehousing productivity standards for processes and
labor which aims to improve plant efficiencies, quality, and
standardize best practices to optimize capacity.
- Lead key optimization and continuous improvement projects
across all facilities using sound analytical methods, sophisticated
software skills, advanced engineering knowledge, change management
and communication tools to effectively design warehouses that will
yield the highest productivity and efficiency gains in sort systems
and storage with an emphasis on efficiency, productivity, and
- Involve technical preparation and training of personnel
involved in warehouse management.
- Perform data analysis on inventory stocking levels and shipping
and receiving activity to produce an optimal storage configuration
design and product flow to maximize footprint and warehouse
- Manage data analytics, warehouse layout and design, supply
chain network improvements, storage optimization, and ROI cost
justifications for recommendations and new technology
- Manage racking equipment installation and facility layout
capital projects, including budget, timeline, and external
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, test and maintain
efficient and highly scalable optimization models for warehouse
logistics and distribution centers.
- Work with a team of software engineers and data scientists to
expand the descriptive/prescriptive models, and share results.
- Solve business problems pragmatically, leveraging the right
machine learning and/or optimization tool, and performing
prescriptive, descriptive and predictive analysis.
- Communicate complex mathematical techniques to customers and/or
- 5+ years relevant experience with automotive logistics,
transportation, and global trade process and procedures, preferably
in a high-volume environment
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN
- High level of analytical ability to solve complex problems
- Strong written and oral communication
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- Experience with lean warehousing principles, facility layout,
and warehouse zoning
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective
project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time
with ability to meet project timelines
- Knowledge of material handling automation
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive projects
to completion in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with Supply Chain simulation and modeling
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience developing dashboards using visualization
technologies such as Tableau and Power BI preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations
and written reports
- Knowledge of software development methodology is a plus
- Candidates with experience in SAP are preferred
- Experience with WMS software applications, specifically SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain Engineering,
Logistics Engineering, or related field (Industrial Engineering,
Operations Research). An equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plus
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Union City , Logistics Warehouse Optimization Engineer, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!