Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Senior Functional Safety Engineer.
This position requires experienced professionals with hands-on
experience in functional safety engineering in the context of ISO
26262 at an OEM or Tier 1. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Lead the development of functional safety system requirements
and functional decomposition for Specific functional domain(s)-
Powertrain, Chassis, ADAS, Body systems, Battery systems.
- Lead development Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA), Safety
Concepts, DFMEA and other Functional Safety work products for the
- Lead creation and execution of Functional safety validation
- Support development of SOTIF requirements for autonomous
driving and core subsystems.
- Support internal teams and suppliers to define Functional
Safety interfaces between project partners. Review Development
Interface Agreement and other necessary Functional Safety documents
for suppliers and other external partners.
- Support development of functional safety processes and tools to
ensure Lucid Motor's vehicle provides world-class safety.
- Work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience as a functional safety
engineer or related role
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 26262 and its applications in
- Hands on experience in carrying out Functional Safety analysis
and deriving functional safety work products for AD L3 and higher
levels of autonomous driving systems.
- Proven track record of successes, e.g. having successfully
managed Functional Safety analyses of a system or product to make
- Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of
functional safety work products.
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share
between supplier and OEM.
- Experience with functional safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ)
and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama).
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills.
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer
science, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- Experience in mentoring and supporting junior engineers.
- Direct experience in autonomous driving industry as a
Functional Safety Engineer with Knowledge and insights about
- Knowledge of CMMI and Automotive Spice and their role in
delivering a quality product.
- Experience developing and delivering embedded system hardware
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.