Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Staff Engineer, Vehicle Testing for
our Vehicle Test team. This position requires an automotive
professional with relevant experience testing early-stage vehicle
prototypes as well as production ready vehicles. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a strong drive, team leadership, and has had
prior experience bringing vehicles to production. Candidates will
be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields,
to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Plan, setup and execute vehicle testing including performance,
durability, and fleet validation tests
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to execute tests to qualify
all vehicle trim levels and ensure vehicle is ready for
- Ensure test results are documented in a clear, concise and
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during testing
- Extensive domestic and international travel to test sites and
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with vehicle testing on proving grounds and fleet
- A strong understanding of vehicle systems
- A strong understanding of vehicle testing standards
- Licensed by an OEM/Supplier/professional authority to drive
prototype test vehicles
- Strong data analysis and reporting experience
- A strong knowledge of automotive testing instrumentation and
- Experience setting up vehicles to achieve desired testing
- Experience leading teams of engineers
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Detail oriented and organized mindset
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of
- Track record of establishing strong processes and work
- Data acquisition set up expert using CANalyzer and CANoe,
IPETRONIK Data Logger a plus
- Benchmarking and target setting
- Test case development
- Up to 15% domestic travel may be required for field
- Bachelor of Science minimum in a relevant science or
- Masters degree in a relevant engineering field
- Experience testing fully electric vehicles
- 7+ years of experience in the automotive or relevant
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.