Senior Restraints DRE, Airbags & Integration
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Union City
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a
Senior Restraint System Design Release Engineer. This position
requires an experienced professional in restraint system
development. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the design release of all airbags and their
integration in the vehicle, from system specification development,
sourcing, packaging, drawing release, design validation, sub-system
integration to ramp up and manufacturing support
- Work closely with the design studio and interior engineering
teams to develop the optimum restraint system packages for occupant
protection performance and interior styling
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers for both engineering development and
- Manage validation plan and tests labs for sub-system
- Function as the main point of contact for all Restraints
- Provide expertise on restraint system design to ensure
five-star safety ratings for our new vehicles. Work closely with
CAE team to provide design inputs and utilize CAE results to
optimize the component design
- Support crash tests and vehicle homologation. Make sure parts
are supplied with right pedigrees for all crash test vehicles and
other vehicle level validation and homologation needs
- Note: Sub-system means the Airbag together with the host
component, like PAB and KAB in IP, SAB in seat, CAB in roof rail,
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or other
- In-depth knowledge about the design and engineering of airbags
and/or seat belts systems, direct experience in automotive OEM or
Tier 1 suppliers
- Knowledge of automotive crashworthiness legislation and
- Knowledge of latest technology advancement in the field of
- Enough CAD skills to package the component models into vehicle
models, check interfaces with the rest of the vehicle and make
small modifications if necessary. The ideal candidate should
possess enough CAD skills to design small brackets, fixtures,
- Engineering fundamentals in problem-solving
- The ability to articulate highly technical issues to audiences
not in the crash safety field, such as top management, design
studio, purchasing team, etc.
- Excellent people skills to manage suppliers, push the envelope
to develop optimal technical solutions, ensure timely delivery of
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Experience in program management
- Experience in testing (crash, airbag deployment, seats, IP
and/or upper trims)
- Knowledge of CAE analysis and restraint system integration and
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Union City , Senior Restraints DRE, Airbags & Integration, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!