Engineer, Battery Modeling (All Levels)
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Union City
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Battery Modeling Engineer to
develop advanced performance, lifetime, and algorithm modeling.
This position requires a creative and analytical mindset with
working or research experience in modeling lithium-ion batteries.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his
or her work with vigor and determination. A successful candidate
should be a quick learner and detailed oriented. This position will
be expected to possess the ability to strive for perfection within
a fast-paced environment. Junior level candidates with solid
modeling background, and senior level candidates with broader
battery modeling experience and additional skill sets are both
encouraged to apply.
- Develop multiphysics-based and data driven based models of
lithium ion batteries under extreme operating conditions based on
electrochemistry knowledge and test data
- Develop robust battery models to predict cell behavior
including but not necessarily limited to rate performance, life
degradation, calendar aging, electrochemical and thermal response,
and safety related behavior
- Provide novel solutions of battery management control system to
optimize dischargeable capacity, cycle life, and charge time, and
support battery management for algorithm and model development
- Formulate and execute designs of experiments to acquire
sufficient data to train, validate, and test the battery
- Work on battery estimation algorithms and models regarding SOC,
SOH, impedance, and performance limitation under given operating
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, implement, test,
and maintain your model
- Review academic papers and provide insight summary for team
- Develop advanced deep learning models and tools for data
analysis and optimization
- Deliver documents related to model and algorithm
- Work with intellectual property team to patent your
- Collaborate with battery team to determine and achieve battery
performance and lifetime targets
- Fundamental knowledge of lithium-ion cell electrochemistries
- Experienced in creating multiphysics-based and data driven
based models for electrochemical/thermal/mechanical systems
- Familiar with battery testing equipment and test protocol
- Experience in writing efficient code to process and analyze
large data sets
- High level of mathematical and advanced data process and
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of
- Experienced in using COMSOL or other multiphysics-based package
for battery simulation
- Experienced in developing data driven based model for battery
- Experienced in model and algorithm development applied in
battery management system
- Skilled in code developing tools such as Python or Matlab
- Strong understanding of algorithm design, optimization, and
- Good mathematical knowledge and experience in statistical
analysis, optimization, machine learning, and deep learning
- Candidates with successful multidisciplinary work record or
- MS or PhD degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry,
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Union City , Engineer, Battery Modeling (All Levels), Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!