Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
Working at Lucid means being part of a shared vision, where we
work together to produce revolutionary ways to power the future. To
do so, we’re looking for a Manager of Lighting and Optical Systems.
If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a
solution, and creates an improvement no one’s asked for yet, and
has a talent for leadership, then we want to talk to you!
Lucid's Lighting and Optics team is looking for a Manager to
run day to day operations, and manage a team of Lighting/Optics
- Build and lead a world class lighting systems engineering
- Create cutting edge lighting systems, utilizing state of the
art Laser and LED technologies
- Lead the packaging, engineering, release and launch of vehicle
lighting systems, exterior and interior
- Work interactively within a cross functional studio and vehicle
engineering team, placing priority upon the greater benefit of the
vehicle above any one individual system
- Employ and develop world class tools and an innovative approach
to support the systems generation
- 3+ yrs of proven experience as a manager of people and
- 8+ yrs of proven experience and knowledge of vehicle lighting
systems and with a demonstrable track record of technical
- A solid knowledge of Laser, LED, OLED, light pipes/guides, near
field lenses, fresnel prescriptions, reflector/refractor optics,
AFS systems or similar electro-mechanical functions
- Knowledge of applicable FMVSS/ECE standards and regulations,
industry benchmark and customer requirements
- Proficient in mechanical engineering and design of
- Detailed knowledge and experience in design, tooling and
materials for plastic components
- Experience in design, validation and testing of automotive
lighting products and components
- Good understanding of electronics and electro optical
components such as LED, laser diodes, VCSEL, LED drivers
- Understanding of vehicle electronics and communications such as
LIN, CAN, Ethernet
- Experience and understanding of embedded software
- Experience in FEA analysis (thermal and mechanical
- Experience in lens design or illumination optics design and
- Proficiency in an optical design or simulation software (ZEMAX,
LIGHT TOOLS, SPEOS, LUCID SHAPE)
- Launch experience
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the
- Excellent communication skills
- BS (minimum) in a recognized Engineering discipline, Optics or
Physics is required.
- An advanced degree is a plus
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.