Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering,
design, development, timing, and release for exterior lighting
components and systems. Candidates should be excellent engineers
and organizers that have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly
and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his
or her work with vigor and determination.
- Manage parts from initial design to prototype phase, and serial
- Create engineering documentation such as TES’s (Tech. Spec’s),
DFMEA’s (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and DVP’s (Design
- Coordinate testing and validation activities
- Manage EBOM (Engineering Bill of Materials)
- Manage and track suppliers' activities and their progress
Conduct benchmark studies
- 5 plus years of engineering experience
- Proven experience in design/development engineering in exterior
- Knowledge of plastics and composites
- Knowledge of injection molding and plastic bonding
- Experienced with CATIA V5 and V6
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis
- Knowledgeable in GD&T
- Willingness to travel to suppliers, and assembly plant during
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Previous exterior lighting in-plant launch experience
- Previous automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field of study
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.