Credit Clerk 1
Company: Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 10, 2022
This job is in the Credit family (Department), which includes
positions the duties of which are to direct or perform analytical
and evaluative work which requires knowledge of (1) credit risk
factors and lending principles involved in extensions of credit;
(2) financial structures and practices of business organizations
concerned with extension of credit; and (3) pertinent statutory,
regulatory, and administrative provisions.
* Generally responsible for completing basic, routine tasks with
* Responsible for billing and daily customer cash application
processes in compliance with all credit and company policies.
* Reconciles the daily cash deposits (lockbox account, mail and
* Completes credit reference requests.
* Makes daily collection calls, based on file reviews, as
* Escalates customer issues such as short pays, disputed invoice
issues, claims, delinquent accounts, bad checks, etc.
* Reviews delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible and
escalates as appropriate to ensure maximum collection efforts are
* Processes month end A/R adjustments.
* Generates and disseminates month-end A/R statements where
* Files credit reports, credit applications, etc. and maintains
customer files, ensuring appropriate reviews are performed in
accordance with credit policy.
* Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address
changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
* Assists with preparation of documents/records for review,
duplication, and distribution as appropriate.
* Supports research of discrepancies and/or supporting
documentation as appropriate.
* Responsible for adhering to safety processes and protocols.
* All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
* High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor degree preferred.
* Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word
processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures
and terminology required.
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
and grammar required.
* Knowledge of arithmetic required.
* Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or
pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g.,
patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical
* Operating computers programmed with various software to record,
store, and analyze information required.
* Operating 10-key calculators and/or office equipment to perform
calculations and produce documents required.
* Strong computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft
applications (particularly Microsoft Excel and Word) required.
* Efficient, well organized and detail oriented. Ability to
initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers as
well as internal/external customers required.
* 0-2 years of relevant experience or any equivalent combination of
education and experience that provides the required knowledge,
skills, and abilities required.
* Experience in credit and collections in a commercial environment,
including cash application preferred.
Keywords: Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co., Union City , Credit Clerk 1, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!