Acacia Creek Environmental Services Aid
Company: Masons of California
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Our culture is to provide superior service to the members,
residents and staff through a sound and progressive model of
service/care which aligns our mission, vision and operations. We
demonstrate excellence in core services and we understand the true
value of time, budgets, safety and satisfaction. We are dedicated
to disciplined innovation while creating a culture of continuous
quality improvement -we are a learning company. We are committed to
sharing our knowledge and being an organization that naturally
attracts the best and brightest talent. Employees perform both
essential functions and measurable behaviors while being
team-oriented, caring and honest.
This position maintains a clean and comfortable environment for
staff, residents, and visitors of the Acacia Creek.
- Receive and follow housekeeping schedules and instructions from
supervisor and as outlined in established procedures.
- Clean/polish furnishings and fixtures in resident's apartments,
offices, living and recreational areas as instructed. Clean and
sanitize kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Clean windows and ledges as
- Clean floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
disinfecting, as instructed. Assist in floor care techniques such
as stripping, waxing, polishing and carpet extraction. Ensure that
Caution/Safety signs are properly set up prior to performing duties
and safely returns area to its normal condition when finished.
- Clean walls, ceilings, hallways, stairways, and sidewalks as
instructed using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Dispose of all trash into proper containers and relines trash
receptacle with plastic liners.
- Report all defective equipment and malfunctions to supervisor
as soon as possible.
- Receive, sort, and wash linen/laundry following schedule and
instructions from supervisor and as outlined in established
procedures. Remove wet wash to dryers, sets proper temperature
control, folds clean linen and stacks on movable carts. Sort and
tag clothes as appropriate. Bag items and deliver to appropriate
locations. Clean lint traps daily.
- Assure that all established safety rules/procedures are
followed at all times.
- Move furniture and equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Team members will obtain and demonstrate knowledge of Successful
Aging philosophies through Masterpiece Living education, including
the core values of Integrity, Dedication, Respect, Compassion,
Teamwork and Quality. Associates will support and participate in
the Successful Aging Culture (i.e., assist in new initiatives,
encourage residents and act as their "coach"). Be familiar with and
fluent in the language and details of Successful Aging/Masterpiece
- Prior housekeeping experience in a retirement facility or
- Knowledge of proper use of commercial cleaning equipment and
OBRA & Title 22 Requirements
- Ensures that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment,
self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil
rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well
established and maintained at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care
information to assure their rights are protected.
- Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous
- Follows established safety rules and regulations. Maintains
work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner at all times.
- Vacuum (dry & wet) Carts Floor Scrubber Carpet Cleaner
- Washer Dryer Laundry Racks Mops
- Floor Signs Buckets Cleaning solutions Ladders
- Dusting Equipment Brushes Dust Pans Brooms
- Indoor Location: Temperature controlled indoor environment
- Outdoor Location: Exposure to natural climatic conditions
- Hazardous Environment: Exposure to:
- Human body fluids (requiring use of Universal precautions)
- Extreme heat (non-weather related hot temperatures)
- Extreme cold (non-weather related cold temperatures)
- Extreme noise (constant loud and very loud sounds of a pitch or
level sufficient to cause marked distraction or possible hearing
- Standing Continuously
- Walking Frequently
- Sitting Occasionally
- Lifting/Supporting Occasionally Max. 50 Lbs.
- Bending Frequently
- Reaching/Stretching Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling/Dragging Occasionally
- Climbing Occasionally
- Kneeling/Crouching/Squatting Occasionally
At Acacia Creek, we are looking for team members who would like to
combine their passion for helping people, good communication
skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with
the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you
and your family's well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401k plan whether or not you
participate, and an additional contribution from the company when
you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement
Keywords: Masons of California, Union City , Acacia Creek Environmental Services Aid, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!