Life Science Research Professional 1 (1 Year Fixed-Term)
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Union City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
An NIH-funded research position (Life Science Research
Professional 1) is available immediately at Stanford University, in
the Physical Oncology Laboratory (Department of Radiation Oncology;
PI: Dr. Guillem Pratx) for a 1 year fixed-term. Join a diverse and
dynamic group of researchers in making a lasting impact on
translational cancer research by building novel physical tools and
technologies. The lab's interests revolve around the areas of
cancer imaging, radiation therapy and metabolic heterogeneity, and
is looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about cancer research
- Interested in cracking difficult problems
- Knowledgeable and curious
- Effective communicators
- Able to work across disciplines
- Attentive to details
- Critical thinkers
- Committed to integrity in science
Candidates should have a Bachelor of Science, or equivalent, in a
biomedical-related field and prior experience working in a research
lab. The researcher will contribute to a project to develop
technologies for highly sensitive cell tracking using positron
emission tomography (PET) and will require development and imaging
of a mouse model of metastatic melanoma.
- General wet-lab experiments and assays, and mammalian cell
- Mouse handling, imaging, and model development
- Staying current with scientific literature and apply learnings
to related research.
- Contributing to the preparation of written documents, including
procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Helping with general lab maintenance (lab stocks, chemical
- Orientation and training of new staff or students on lab
procedures or techniques.
*- Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated
performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science
principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master
computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
accurately complete detailed work.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for
teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials are present.
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, .
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4945
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Pay Grade: E
- Department URL:
- Requisition ID: 90424 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Union City , Life Science Research Professional 1 (1 Year Fixed-Term), Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!