Equipment Support Specialist (ESS)
Company: Corteva Agriscience
Location: Union City
Posted on: November 19, 2022
DescriptionAt Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's
next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is
building the future of agriculture - solving the world's food
problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Equipment Support Specialist
(ESS) to join our company at our Union City, TN facility. In this
role you will utilize your mechanical and electrical skills to work
on a variety of equipment such as planters, combines, GPS systems,
pneumatic and hydraulic systems, scales, and other industrial
automation type systems. You will also play a key role in
evaluating, designing and fabricating upgrades to existing
equipment and/or new field automation technology. We are looking
for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and
have a stable work history. Candidates from all industry
backgrounds are encouraged to apply! *Please note there is NO
relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this
position. Benefits: Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing,
health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages based on qualifications, education, and
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off
benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have
excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings
plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your
FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more! Responsibilities - What You Will Do: How
will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Support effective & safe use of field research equipment.
- Service, repair, maintain and upgrade equipment directly and/or
working with vendors.
- Prepare equipment for shipment or storage which includes
equipment cleaning, loading/unloading per established
- Play a key role in ensuring proper parts inventory management
and tools management, both hand tools and software tools.
- Conduct field and/or shop testing of equipment and performance
- Lead and model appropriate safety mindset by owning safety
program(s) and ensuring adherence to safety protocols and proper
- Travel to various Corteva research centers to work directly
with staff, provide troubleshooting expertise and hands on training
related to equipment maintenance and proper operation.
- May include some administrative work such as maintaining
maintenance records, creating training material, generating reports
and coding invoices for payment.
- Facilitate training for users both one on one and/or in a small
- Other duties as assigned QualificationsRequirements - Who You
Are: What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have your high school diploma/GED.
- You have varying levels of experience with fabrication,
mechanical ability, electrical concepts, pneumatics and
- You are comfortable with technology (computers, iPads, etc),
have good computer skills and are experienced with Microsoft
Outlook, Excel and Word.
- You have a high regard for safety and always follow safety
protocols including wearing proper PPE.
- You pick up quickly on new software programs.
- You have high attention to detail, can multitask, maintain an
organized workplace and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have a valid US drivers license.
- You are willing and able to facilitate training for small
- You are willing and able to travel in your assigned region up
to 20% of the time.
- You understand the cyclical nature of agriculture and are
sensitive to the time constraints of working with a biological
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without
reasonable accommodation: climb and/or work in elevated areas,
stand and sit for extended periods, work both outdoors and indoors
in hot/cold, wet/dry conditions, lift up to 50 lbs, and perform
work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive
- You are willing and able to work overtime hours including
weekend work and on call availability as needed during seasonal
peaks to support business needs. Preferences - It Would Be Great If
- 3 years of experience in a related field, such as industrial or
- A degree in mechanized agriculture, industrial technology, or
- Previous experience in facilitating training.
- Willing and able to travel outside of the US but within North
America up to 10% of the time. Ready to grow your perspectives,
impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to
ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by
applying to this opportunity today!
Keywords: Corteva Agriscience, Union City , Equipment Support Specialist (ESS), Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!