Racker Plating, UNC
Company: Pioneer Metal Finishing
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Pioneer Metal Finishing is the leading surface engineering
company in North America. For 75 years, weve delivered consistent,
quality metal finishing solutions for mission-critical
applications. Our advanced surface modification technologies and
scalable execution improve the performance of mission-critical
products and enhance brand value for companies in the healthcare,
automotive and industrial markets. We encourage you to learn more
about opportunities with Pioneer Metal Finishing and join our team
today!Job SummaryCoordinates the proper process baths and materials
needed to produce the highest quality product for our customers.
Works closely with Processing Line/Shift Supervisors on
coordinating priorities of products to best utilize the process
tanks in the most efficient and safest manner possible and in
meeting required production schedules. Strives to produce
consistency from load to load and shift to shift by means of
communication.Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for having the loads inspected prior to picking
them up for identification, tooling, security, heights, and depth
- Coordinates all loads with Team Lead/Shift Supervisor to
utilize all open tank time efficiently.
- Responsible for making sure there is a program prior to
processing loads. If not, contact Team Lead/Supervisor
- Process special loads as assigned using precise specifications
and proper communication between process techs, supervisors, leads,
and other line operators.
- Ability to run multiple lines in facilities where that is
- Strives to produce consistency from load to load and shift to
shift by means of communication and teamwork.
- Makes sure the product is processed to the program and
acceptable to your best judgment.
- Identifies and escalates issues with products in the raw state.
Notify the supervisor of problems such as excessive oil, deep and
blind holes, areas that may air pocket, corrosion, galvanic,
- In addition, must be able to recommend process adjustments to
meet end product specifications.
- Participates in tank maintenance activities.
- Rejects any loads that do not meet standard processing
- Monitors pH and solution levels in all tanks that require it.
Monitor tanks and make adds as required by daily checklists and
procedures. Advise the lab if non-conforming tanks are found.
Change tank filters when required.
- Displays good communication and the ability to interact
effectively with others.
- Responds to alarms and follow applicable protocol. Monitor
proper functioning of waste treatment system if applicable.
- Understands how to operate standard equipment such as
rectifiers, pumps, and cranes. Understands set up calibrations and
basic troubleshooting for equipment including data tracks and
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining accurate
information on run sheets such as correct temperature, loads,
- Provides proper shift handoff and strive to maintain
consistency between shifts.
- Keeps all work areas and equipment clean, safe, and
- Responsible for cleaning the contact pads on the work bars and
tanks to ensure full electrical contact through the loads.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any equipment problems
via designated procedure.
- Escalates any issues or ideas for tooling improvement via
facility protocol.Physical/Environmental/Chemical Hazards
- Sharp parts, sharp tooling, heavy carts, occasional hot and
cold temperature and humidity levels, heat from ovens, moderate
noise levels, limited hand, and air tool use, and compressed air
(must use hearing protection).
- Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to differentiate between color variances.
- Potential splash exposure near process lines.
- Various chemicals are used in the process.Position Requirements
- A high school diploma is required.
- Strong math skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of Line Operator Trainee role or
equivalent experience.Employee BenefitsWe offer the following
benefits to All Employees immediately upon hire:
- Next-Day Pay: Dont wait for payday; access your daily pay the
- Quarterly Incentive Program: Paid based on hours worked and
- Paid company holidays
- Shift Differentials for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On the Job Training and Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Recognition and Rewards program
- Fun Recognition Events and more! Full-Time Employees (30 +
hours per week) may participate in the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (Eligibility begins on the
1st of the month, following your start date)
- Paid Time Off: 80 Hours earned your first year
- Company Funded Health Reimbursement or a Health Savings Account
up to $3,000
- 401(k) plan with a company match up to 4% of bi-weekly
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life and accidental death & dismemberment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Additional benefits for employee purchase: life insurance,
critical illness, voluntary accident, and accidental death &
- LiveHealth Online, virtual doctor visitsRequisition ID:
2022-1877 External Company Name: Pioneer Metal Finishing Jobs
External Company URL: https://www.pioneermetal.com/ Street: 32500
Keywords: Pioneer Metal Finishing, Union City , Racker Plating, UNC, Other , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!