Supervisor Warehouse - Hayward, CA
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 8, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.-Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work.-Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.-SummaryThis
position is responsible for organize and direct activities
encompassing warehousing receiving, transportation, and inventory
control.- Coordinate these activities to ensure efficient
utilization of warehouse, transportation resources, and to optimize
the flow of raw materials from warehouse location to manufacturing
floor.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervision of receiving, storage,
internal/external transportation of batch related, miscellaneous,
and other materials, and maintenance of GMP compliant
- Develop and implement effective systems and procedures to
ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the Distribution
- Coordinate the activities of the distribution operation with
other internal departments, third party vendors, and
- Supervise employee workload and objectives as required to
optimize staff effectiveness.-
- Insure all new employees are properly trained. May involve in
delivery of staff training as needed. Responsible for all aspects
of staffing (recruiting, interviewing, and selection) and talent
management (performance management and activities to achieve
- Review and answer inquiries from customer service, customers,
sales, and vendors. Uses judgment and diplomacy to handle
complaints, make adjustments and resolve issues.
- Escalation point for employees for problems requiring special
handling. Contact parties involved and take necessary action to
resolve problems. Take proactive steps as appropriate.
- Responsible for implementing compliance procedures to meet
federal, state, company and facility regulations.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and investigating shipping
errors, cycle count errors, invoice issues and shipping deviations
or nonconformance in the warehouse areas.
- Responsible for the initiating Change Control Operation for all
aspects of the warehouse (ie. redlining changes, completing
DCRs/CNs/CRs, initiating facility work orders, routing for
approval, training, etc).
- -Administer and support all standard operating procedures,
regulations and quality procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating vendor relationships and
- Maintains an effective utilization of the warehouse space and
oversees the Finished Goods cycle count inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory control procedures
and documentation for all finished product produced, stored, and
shipped from the plant.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs,
regulatory requirements, equipment, policies and procedures,
including any department specific requirements.
- May Perform other duties as assigned. -Qualifications
- Ability to supervise activities of warehouse through
- Proficient in warehouse management systems and pc
- Manage multiple priorities in a warehouse setting.Education
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Three to five years experience in a transportation or
distribution environment required. Knowledge of processing, order
management, and inventory control.Physical Demands
- Regular attendance is necessary to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Light work, frequent lifting up to 10 -50 lbs; frequent
- Minimal to moderate travel required.
- Normal office working conditions: computer, phone, files, fax,
- Personal Protective Equipment: Safety Shoes & Safety
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift as
needed.#IND-USOPS#LI-DM1Equal Employment OpportunityBaxter is an
equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected
veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally
protected characteristic.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --Reasonable
AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please click on the here and let us know the
nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Union City , Supervisor Warehouse - Hayward, CA, Professions , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!