Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Are you interested in being part of a dynamic financial team
that is growing? Then please apply for our Senior Financial Analyst
This is a new opportunity to join a mission-driven finance team
that is helping to re-shape the future of emergency medicine.
The Senior Financial Analyst will oversee the finances for the
Department of Emergency Medicine research section, which is
exploring innovative ways to improve and expand care for our most
vulnerable patients. The analyst will provide strategic guidance
and updates to department leadership and work collaboratively with
other management staff.
This position requires professional expertise and experience in
understanding and applying internal policies and systems and
external regulations. The analyst will collaborate with the Office
of Sponsored Research to ensure research accounts are created,
tracked, and invoiced appropriately. The analyst will also ensure
all cost-sharing requirements are fulfilled and appropriate cost
transfers are initiated and completed. An ideal candidate will
bring experience to our team, advise departmental leadership, and
work collaboratively with other research management staff.
- Perform highly analytical, complex finance control functions;
multi-dimensional reconciliations and related analysis; prepare
and/or review and approve higher-level transactions.
- Research, and synthesize data; interpolate results from large
amounts of data, identify trends in data, draw conclusions, develop
solutions, present and implement recommendations, and create follow
- Develop complex budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range
planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations;
design and run ad hoc reports.
- Identify and resolve unique issues with substantial
significance; recognize exceptions, and conduct in-depth analysis
using advanced technical knowledge and experience. Recommend and
develop solutions that may require policy changes or the
development of new processes; maintain broader organizational and
university perspective in decision making.
- Review, design, and implement appropriate internal control
programs, research new regulations, and implement approved changes.
Manage compliance program for area of responsibility, interpret
internal policy and external regulations, and create and/or review
complex compliance reports.
- Lead and execute unit or cross functional projects and teams,
make decisions regarding projects and programs affecting
operational effectiveness, policies, or processes.
- Engage in continuous critical analysis of existing systems and
processes; make recommendations to achieve greater efficiencies and
improve internal controls. Define requirements, develop and
implement complex test cases, perform testing and analyze
- Lead and support unit and organization strategy and change
- Provide training on new financial systems. Represent
organization to client group(s) and external partners; serve as
subject matter expert on matters that involve complex technical,
financial, or subject matter expertise.
- Assess client and business needs and formulate recommendations
to determine approach to managing and completing processes.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other
staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Familiarity with an academic environment and medical school
and/or healthcare /clinical environment, and understanding of
research and regulatory environment, clinical research, and related
- Knowledge of Stanford systems is desirable but not
- Excellent analytical, organizational and trouble-shooting
- Works calmly under pressure, proactively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and six years of relevant experience or
combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as
Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and
financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability
to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate
information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and
- Strong project management skills and ability to contribute to
or lead part of a multi-functional team.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone,
writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University
will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a
disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential
functions of his or her job.
Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to
school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford
University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply
to all university employees, including those working remotely in
the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more
about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff,
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4453
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 92425 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Union City , Senior Financial Analyst, Professions , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!