DIRECTOR OF LOGISTICS Food Manufacturing
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Director Logistics, Food Manufacturing, Fremont, CA (area)
The Director of Logistics oversees Logistics functions,
warehousing, transportation, finished goods, raw material inventory
control and management, 3PL Logistics management and vendor
selection to ensure on-time fulfillment of all customer orders.
1 - Manages the warehouse and transportation teams supporting
logistics functions, coaching, mentoring and investing in team and
2- Directs strategic logistics function, reducing costs and
- Identifies trucking companies, maintains relationships and
- Takes ownership of all freight- related elements for the
business including costs, quality impact, service etc.
- Supports the execution of business strategies (new customer
requirements, new tracking tools etc.) in alignment of overall
company's logistics strategies.
- Implements tools to drive efficiencies in logistics
- Holds trucking companies responsible for meeting timelines and
- Resolves shipping issues or conflicts by working with trucking
companies, distributors and customers as required
- Partners with sales, customer service and the rest of the
supply chain team to resolve issues
- Develops logistics cost models for purpose of product costing
and overall analytics
- Works with carrier and other vendor partners to identify
opportunities to improve service and in the current environment
mitigate service/cost impact with alternate solutions
- Develops strategies for making sure freight is delivered on
time to customer base
3 - Responsible for multiple warehouse locations
- Provides leadership for the day-to-day operations of the
warehouse including receiving, inventory storage, order filling,
and shipping dock operations
- Monitors and improves shipping procedures to maximize shipping
effectiveness and efficiency while managing the overall performance
of the warehouse staff
- Coordinates receiving activities, organizing of inventory and
product flow, and maintaining supply levels.
- Schedules and coordinates shipments, manages physical inventory
and communicates inventory levels to staff and sales force.
4 - Oversees all 3rd party warehouse finished goods movement and
- Establishes efficient policies and procedures
- Resolves issues that occur with shipping, delivery of 3rd party
warehouse finished goods movements
- Ensures inventory is managed according to business strategies,
and that all tactical aspects of daily and monthly cycles are
- Develops and implements creative solutions regarding
distribution and storage
5 - Implements continuous improvement across warehouse and
- Identifies, develops, and recommends process improvements and
system enhancements to reduce costs and improve operational
efficiency, accuracy, and customer service levels
- A BA/BS in related function is required.
- A minimum of 10 years' progressively more responsible
management experience in supply chain and/or a combination of
logistics, warehousing and inventory management is
- A combination of education and experience may
- Must have strong leadership and people management skills, with
the focus on mentoring and developing team across all
- Must have experience managing an hourly workforce and holding
the team accountable to safety, GMPs and food safety
- Must have a keen eye for efficiency and a proven record with
cost reduction and savings through the implementation of continuous
improvement and systems.
- Experience implementing applications (ERP, WMS, TMS, etc.) to
eliminate waste, errors and redundancy and to drive efficiency is
- Effective relationship skills, strong negotiating skills and
ability to find hidden costs is required.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the
future, without sponsorship.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Union City , DIRECTOR OF LOGISTICS Food Manufacturing, Professions , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!