Production Group Leader-CA Union City
Location: Union City
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Requisition ID 36852
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career Function Manufacturing/Production
Posting Type DNI
Kerry is a global leader in taste & nutrition. Our manufacturing
facilities produce and supply the world with over 15,000 different
food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products throughout the world.
With a commitment toward sustainability and reputation for
innovation, a career with Kerry offers you the chance to change the
way the world sees food and nutrition. A career with Kerry is
something you can feel good about.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to
shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while
providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests
do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with
Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
This role will be responsible for training other employees on
processes, assists with new hire orientation, documents training,
reviews relevancy of training and adjusts as needed. You will be
responsible for development of work instructions, SOPs, and other
duties as assigned.
At our Union City, CA facility we create confections and industrial
sweets for Kerry and our retail customers. We work hard, play hard,
and give back to the community we work in through our Kerry
employee engagement program. We are in the bay metro area. If
you're looking to build a career in manufacturing with a team you
can have some fun with, we might be the team for you.
$ 2,000.00 Sign-on Bonus, $1,000 paid at 30 & $1,000 paid at 90
days on the job.!!!
You'll be a key part of a high performing team that keeps
production lines running efficiently while working together to
ensure we all have a safe workplace.
- Must attend and participate in daily pre-shift huddles on
- Receive and hand-off shift with peers, ensuring all information
is communicated properly
- Retrieve all necessary set up/start up
- Retrieve all necessary materials to perform tasks referring to
Manufacturing Work Order
- Follow FIFO for all materials needed according to the
Manufacturing Work Order
- Verify Item/Material and Lot numbers to be used according to
the Manufacturing Work Order
- Complete all equipment changeover/set-up processes minimizing
equipment downtime and meeting or exceeding set-up standard
- Safely, efficiently and effectively operate assigned production
- Troubleshoot, solve and/or escalate issues that may arise
during the shift
- Pre-plan next task before completion of current task
- Support all operational efficiency initiatives
- Promote a Positive working environment, driving a Continuous
- Responsible for ensuring specification deviation are reported
appropriately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for compliance with initiatives for minimizing
losses (downtime, waste, costs, etc.)
- Create/Submit Work requests for equipment/processes that can be
improved or need attention, in a timely manner
- In the event of absence of another employee with the same skill
level, will assume the duties and responsibilities
- Communicate ANY Food Safety, Quality, and/or Workplace Safety
issues/concerns to Management
- Able to read and Write basic English to understand
Manufacturing Work Orders
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. when necessary
Qualifications and skills
- Do you have experience working alongside a team and operating
machines in a manufacturing environment? The safety of our team and
products are our top priority, so we prefer some experience.
- Because you'll be part of a team that will count on you, we'd
like to see solid work attendance in your current/previous
- If you're looking to save money on a gym membership, this is
the job for you! This job requires you to lift 40 - 50lbs bags of
ingredients consistently throughout your shift.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer
of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a
background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can
be found here . Additional information can also be here .
Keywords: Kerry, Union City , Production Group Leader-CA Union City, Professions , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!