Location: Union City
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Develops and implements preventative maintenance schedules for
equipment. Works with production foreman in identify, reduce and/or
eliminate non-scheduled down time. Ensures labor and materials cost
are within the departmental budget.Essential Functions:
- Plans and directs the maintenance and repairs to machinery and
equipment in the production and processing departments.
- Reviews daily and monthly labor costs for the Maintenance
Department and initiates cost control measures within the
- Reviews daily and monthly maintenance materials cost for the
Plant and initiates cost control measures for the Plant.
- Reviews production delay records, identifies causes for delays,
and assists foremen with corrective measures.
- Reviews equipment inspection documentation and initiates
- Identifies training needs of Maintenance department employees
and works with the Superintendent, Maintenance and Engineering and
Human Resource Director to insure that training needs are met.
- Enters purchase requisitions.
- Advises Superintendent, Maintenance and Engineering of
significant maintenance problems with potential to cause delays or
shutdowns and works expediently to resolve any potential
- Supervise support personnel.
- Insures that Company plant and safety rules and procedures are
enforced in the Maintenance Department and that violators are
disciplined in a fair and consistent manner.
- Assists foremen in evaluating grievances and with furnishing
replies to grievants and/or Union Representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Superintendent, Maintenance
and Engineering. Scope Data/Working Conditions/Physical
- The employee will be working in an office environment but will
do some walking through the plant (from time to time) exposing the
employee to Foundry operations. The employee will be exposed (very
briefly) to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and
Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as
Dust. Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions
(from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.Skills,
Knowledge, Abilities and Traits:
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 6 years industrial maintenance experience
- Above average communication skills are required due to the
routing communication with professionals as well as hourly work
- Moderate level of computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to plan and direct electrical and
mechanical repair and maintenance work and to identify and repair
electrical and mechanical maintenance problems in an expedient
Keywords: Hirebridge, Union City , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!