Company: US Pipe, A Forterra Company
Location: Union City
Posted on: January 14, 2023
SECOND (2nd) SHIFT ONLY
Job duties includeto inspect, repair, install and wire all
electrical apparatus, devices and circuits, of any voltage in the
plant or assigned area. Qualified candidate willbe required to use
electrical testing instruments, power hand tools, pipe benders,
soldering equipment and safety devices.
- Demonstrates common electrical safety and safety practices
associated with the manufacturing environment. Follows
lockout/tagout and confined space entry procedures. Considers all
safety precautions and the proper isolation of circuits to cause a
minimum of interference to operations.
- Perform routine preventative electrical maintenance,
troubleshooting and repairing of electrical and electronic
equipment in a variety of different applications.
- Knowledge of motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC
motors, starters, electrical and systems.
- Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging
equipment, cranes and forklifts.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs, adjusts or replaces faulty
parts, wiring on motors, generators, motors, power distribution and
control panels, circuit breakers, rectifiers, electronic devices,
etc. Reassembles, tests and adjusts equipment for safe and proper
operation. Performs work on "hot" lines as required. Replaces
coils, resistors, rheostats, relays, etc. Installs conduit,
fittings, switches, controls and fixtures, and wires and connects
all types of electrical equipment as required for new installations
or replacement of facilities.
- Makes all required splices and connector joints. Adjusts all
new equipment for proper operating characteristics.
- Occasionally works to troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic
systems plant wide.
- Performs any other duty as assigned by supervisor. Skills &
KNOWLEDGE, DEMONSTRATED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be dependable and able to work with minimum of
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders and work from
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and follow
appropriate arc flash protection measures.
- Able to troubleshoot PLC Ladder Logic programming (Allen bradly
& GE), desired.
- Must always be safety-conscious.
- High School diploma or GED, 3 years of electrical work
experience or completion of curriculum of an accredited electronics
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to read and interpret
electrical blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
- Positive, enthusiastic and helpful.
Keywords: US Pipe, A Forterra Company, Union City , Electrician, Professions , Union City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!