Electrician 2nd Shift
Company: Aspirant RPO for US Pipe
Location: Union City
Posted on: March 10, 2023
SECOND (2nd) SHIFT ONLY
Job duties include: inspect, repair, install and wire all electrical apparatus, devices and circuits, of any voltage in the plant or assigned area. Qualified candidate will be required to use electrical testing instruments, power hand tools, pipe benders, soldering equipment and safety devices.
* Demonstrates common electrical safety and safety practices associated with the manufacturing environment. Follows lockout/tagout and confined space entry procedures. Considers all safety precautions and the proper isolation of circuits to cause a minimum of interference to operations.
* Perform routine preventative electrical maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of electrical and electronic equipment in a variety of different applications.
* Knowledge of motor control circuits, 480 volt 3-phase AC/DC motors, starters, electrical and systems.
* Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, cranes and forklifts.
* Dismantles, inspects, repairs, adjusts or replaces faulty parts, wiring on motors, generators, motors, power distribution and control panels, circuit breakers, rectifiers, electronic devices, etc. Reassembles, tests and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation. Performs work on "hot" lines as required. Replaces coils, resistors, rheostats, relays, etc. Installs conduit, fittings, switches, controls and fixtures, and wires and connects all types of electrical equipment as required for new installations or replacement of facilities.
* Makes all required splices and connector joints. Adjusts all new equipment for proper operating characteristics.
* Occasionally works to troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems plant wide.
* Performs any other duty as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, DEMONSTRATED SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Must be dependable and able to work with minimum of supervision.
* Must be able to climb steps and ladders and work from heights.
* Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and follow appropriate arc flash protection measures.
* Able to troubleshoot PLC Ladder Logic programming (Allen bradly & GE), desired.
* Must always be safety-conscious.
* High School diploma or GED, 3 years of electrical work experience or completion of curriculum of an accredited electronics program.
* Qualified candidate must have the ability to read and interpret electrical blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
* Positive, enthusiastic and helpful.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $40.53 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Union City, CA 94587: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%61588371% %%install%%
SECOND (2nd) SHIFT ONLY
Keywords: Aspirant RPO for US Pipe, Union City , Electrician 2nd Shift, Professions , Union City, California
here to apply!